I first learned about Blog Action day while reading an article on Huffington Post and knew I wanted to contribute. It is a great idea – uniting blogs around one cause.
So….What is it? Blog Action Day, created by Envato founders Collis and Cyan Ta’eed in effort to unite the diverse blogosphere under one cause, will be celebrating its third anniversary under Change.org’s umbrella on Friday, October 15.
What’s the cause? This year’s theme is water. “Clean water is an important but often-overlooked cause. Change.org estimates almost 1 billion people across the planet don’t have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s nearly one in eight people who are subject to preventable disease and death due to poor drinking water and unhygienic water for everyday needs. Approximately 4,500 children die each day from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation facilities.”
What can you do?
- Learn about the issue
- Sign the petition to provide clean water everywhere
- Donate online or start a fundraising campaign to provide access to clean water
- Blog about it yourself and join the campaign
- Tweet about what you’re doing to conserve and/or raise awareness about water with the Blog Action Day hashtag #BAD10
- Conserve water. Take shorter showers. Turn off the tap as you brush your teeth or shave