Here are a couple of photos from graduation on Saturday:
my view of graduation
class of 2011
Official graduate of Elon!
These are some photos of my friend Linley during her wedding on Sunday:
Father and Bride moment before walking down the aisle
before their kiss
first kiss as husband and wife
Bridge and Groom First Dance
Couple's last dance
The end of my time at Elon is just around the corner. Less than two weeks before I put on my maroon cap and gown and get my B.A. in Strategic Communications. It’s truly a weird feeling. I am excited and nervous, sad and happy. I can’t believe how fast the last 4 years have gone – just like everyone told me they would. I am looking forward to starting a new chapter and moving to a new place and becoming a real professional – a real grown-up. I am sad to leave this beautiful campus and my friends and the community I’ve made here.
Here is a snapshot of memories from the last 4 years:
- Service Learning Community: Best decision I ever made during my time here. Made best friends for life (not kidding) and found my passion for service work in advocacy.
- Methodist Fellowship: Made wonderful friends and enjoyed being a leader among my peers
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship: Challenged and strengthened my faith
- Elonthon Dance Marathon: The only all-nighters I’ve pulled, sparked my passion for a cause and the families of Duke Children’s Hospital truly are inspirational
- Cathedral Tour: Talk about a whirlwind experience. Got to see a lot of sites and really become independent and confident on my own! Made a lot of memories with some very special friends.
- Semester in Copenhagen: Can’t even try to summarize 4 months into a sentence so I won’t. I have a whole blog devoted to my time if you want to learn more www.julieincopenhagen.wordpress.com
- Truitt Center Intern: Learned about the importance of tolerance and understanding among different religions as well as event-planning and marketing. Not to mention, a great group of staff!
- Elon traditions like Turning 21 Dinner, Luminaries and College Coffee: Builds a special sense of community that is unique to Elon.